Mandy's Hot Wax Mug is enriched with Shea Butter, well known for its soothing and moisturising benefits, and vitamins A and E which promote healthy skin. These benefits, combined with a fresh fruity fragrance, leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and pampered. Conveniently contained in an enamel mug it makes stove-top heating a breeze. This peel-off wax delivers long-lasting results for up to 4 weeks and is ideal for short, coarse hair. Over time, regular waxing produces silkier, sparser and softer hair.
Contents: 200 g wax + spatula
Directions ∫ Caution
- Place mug directly onto stove top and melt wax gradually. If the wax becomes too thin and runny or bubbles appear, it has been overheated – allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before handling. Carefully remove mug by its handle using an oven glove or towel and gently place on a level counter top. Dip spatula carefully into wax and stir to an even consistency, similar to that of thick honey. Test wax by applying a small amount to the inside of your wrist. The wax should feel comfortably warm on the skin. If the wax is too hot, allow to cool for a further 5 minutes and repeat temperature test above before proceeding.
- Apply wax AGAINST direction of hair growth – allow to set. Pat fingers on wax to test tackiness – when the tackiness has gone the wax should be ready to remove.
- Using your fingertips, loosen the edge of the wax at the bottom of the formed strip.
- Hold the skin taut with one hand and grip the bottom of the wax with the other. Pull back quickly, close to the skin (parallel to skin – NOT UP) and AGAINST the direction of hair growth. Immediately place firm pressure onto the waxed area with your hands to relieve any discomfort. Do not leave the spatula in the container after waxing as the wax will harden around it. Scrape the spatula against the edge of the container to remove excess wax.
Apply wax in vertical strips approximately 10 cm long and 7 cm wide.
As the underarm hair grows in 2 different directions, it is recommended that waxing be done in 2 sections. Always apply AGAINST the direction of hair growth and remove AGAINST hair growth.
Check the direction of hair growth – usually this is inward to the inside of the leg. Apply in vertical strips approximately 5 cm long and 2 cm wide.
As the upper lip hair grows in 2 different directions from the centre of your upper lip, it is recommended that waxing should be done in 2 sections. Apply wax AGAINST the direction of hair growth on the one side. Hold the skin taut, and remove by pulling the strip upwards towards the nose. Repeat procedure on the other side.
Hold skin taut on side of face before removing in opposite direction.
- Reduce the recommended heating time with subsequent uses as the quantity of wax decreases.
- Apply talc powder to bikini and underarms before waxing to allow for easier hair removal, and exfoliate regularly to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use if diabetic.
- Use on areas treated with Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, or Alpha Hydroxy products.
- Use any deodorant or any products containing fragrance or alcohol before, or immediately after waxing.
- Wax over acne, cuts, sunburnt skin, moles, varicose veins, warts, eczema, open wounds or any other skin ailments.
- Wax repeatedly over the same area as this may cause bruising.
- Scratch or rub skin after waxing.
- Expose waxed area to harsh sunlight or hot water before or after waxing. Wait 8 hours before suntanning.
- Apply wax to any area around the eyes or inside the nose. If irritation occurs – please consult a doctor.
- Boil the wax, heat the mug in the microwave or heat with the spatula in the mug.
- Re-wax an area until the skin has cooled down, otherwise burning could occur.
- Recycle the wax.
In case of burning – run cold water over the affected area for 10 minutes. Do not try to remove wax. Cover with a cold compress and seek medical attention immediately.
Colophonium, Pentaerythrityl Rosinate, Cera Microcristallina, Paraffin, Petrolatum, Butyrospermum Parrkii (Shea) Butter, Parfum (Fragrance), Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal.